Will this work on the new 13" Mac Book Pro? The text specifies a "Mac Book Pro with Retina Display". The new 13" MacBook Pro does not have Retina.
12 Answers from the Community
Like the previous USB SuperDrive this one is only designed to work with computers that do not have one built in. It only works with Mac mini, Macbook Air and Macbook Pro with Retina.
- Answered by Steve B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Apple USB SuperDrive only works with Macs that do not have built in SuperDrives. Of the MacBook Pro line the Retina display [15"(which is the only size right now for the MacBook Pro Retina display model)] is the only one that works with the SuperDrive because it does not have a built in SuperDrive.
- Answered by Mark G from Mobile
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The "new" Apple USB SuperDrive will only support the current
Mac Mini, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
To put it another way this USB SuperDrive will only work with
Macs without built-in optical drive and
Macs not being able to optional built in an optical drive.
- Answered by Kang-ling W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
No, it only works with devices that do not have built in SuperDrives.
- Answered by Tyler W from Springville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
The 13 inch MacBook Pro already does have a built in disk drive so it is pointless. Also the 13 inch MacBook Pro does not have retina display. Only 2 models of any mac have retina display. If you want retina display buy a macbook pro with retina display or an iPod touch,iPad,and iPhone have that.
- Answered by Julie H from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
This Apple USB SuperDrive connects to your MacBook Pro with Retina display, MacBook Air or Mac mini. Any Macs other than those listed under the system requirements and in the product description would not be supported.
- Answered by Wayzero M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Unfortunately, it's not compatiable with the new 13" MacBook Pro. This only works with MacBook Pro with the retina display, MacBook Air, and Mac Mini.
- Answered by Kionna B from Fort Jackson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
The MacBook Pro models without the Retina Display all have a built-in SuperDrive, so you don't need this.
- Answered by Timothy M from Hillsboro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
The 13" macbook pro doesn't need this, as it has a built in drive. The retina screen equipped mac book pro on the other hand does not, hence why they state that it is compatible with this model. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Lee F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
There really isn't a need for the superdrive because the MacBook Pro 13" already has a CD drive, The reason the MacBook Pro with Retina would need it is because the disc drive has been removed from the device in order to make it thinner and allow more space for the batteries.
- Answered by Tanner C from The Colony
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
I doubt it would, with the specifications. But the 13" has an optical drive, and that's what this is supposed to replicate.
- Answered by Shelby M from Carrollton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
The new 13" MacBook Pro has a built in SuperDrive meaning this product is not required. If it would work or not I do not know.
- Answered by William M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 12
Should I get the new 13" or 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display?
- Asked by Keegan B from Jenison
- Flag as inappropriate (Should I get the new 13" or 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display?)
- Asked about: Mac
Does the new 13'' Macbook Pro with Retina Display have a i7 Processor?
- Asked by 作毅 马 from 北京
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new 13'' Macbook Pro with Retina Display have a i7 Processor?)
- Asked about: Mac
Would the new 13'' Macbook Pro Retina fit?
- Asked by Karina K from Old Bridge
- Flag as inappropriate (Would the new 13'' Macbook Pro Retina fit?)
- Asked about: MICHAEL Michael Kors 11" Slim Saffi…