Why is this USB-only?
Since my Thunderbolt port is supposedly so fast --> and unused <--, why stick with the USB interface?
- Asked by Donald H from Virginia Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Why is this USB-only?)
1 Answer from the Community
Because there is no need or benefit. The interface is not a bottleneck. Optical drives, by their nature, are relatively slow - even USB 2.0 is more than fast enough for an optical drive. A thunderbolt interface would do nothing but add expense, as an optical drive could
never be fast enough to utilize it. There would be zero benefit.
- Answered by Christopher T from Midlothian
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
what's the purpose for the usb?
- Asked by Jose V from Stockton
- Flag as inappropriate (what's the purpose for the usb?)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable