does the smart cover for the ipad 2 fit the ipad 3 or will i have to order a new one when it comes out
6 Answers from the Community
It will fit, same as Ipad 2.
- Answered by Buddy343 B from Revere
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Nope, it fits both ipad two and "the new ipad!"
- Answered by Jacob N from Tulsa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
From what I've seen, the new iPad (3rd Gen) is only like 0.03 inches larger than the iPad 2 so I would think the difference won't matter, unless the smartcover is very precisely cut to size where that difference would be noticeable. That said, the Apple Store site says the smart cover will fit iPad 2 "or later" so I don't think you'd have to buy a new one for it.
- Answered by Ruben G from Anaheim
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I bought one. It fits, but in my case Ipad new can't be switched off with the help of the cover. The magnet is in some other place there, i think!
- Answered by Пётр У
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Yes, I think that the iPad smart Cover will fit the iPad (2nd Gen.) as well as the iPad (3rd Gen.). I don't think that you will have to buy a new cover just for the iPad (3rd Gen.). I hope this answer helps!
- Answered by Ajay B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
The covers may fit but be careful as Apple changed the polarity of the magnets in the new iPad so many cases will not auto lock the iPad and put it in to sleep mode.
- Answered by Christopher H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Do you have the leather one of this Smart Cover?
- Asked by Marjan P from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you have the leather one of this Smart Cover?)
- Asked about: iPad Air Smart Cover - (PRODUCT)RED
Will the headphone jack fit when used with Apple's iPad Air 2 case (N.B. the smart case not smart cover)?
- Asked by Frank C
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the headphone jack fit when used with Apple's iPad Air 2 case (N.B. the smart case not smart cover)?)
- Asked about: Bowers & Wilkins P3 On-Ear Headphon…