Can you use this case for first generation ipad
iPad smart cover any color
- Asked by Adam B from Dunlap
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this case for first generation ipad)
10 Answers from the Community
You can set it on the first generation iPad for temporary protection, but that is not it's intended purpose. The magnetic bar on the side of the smart covers hooks, and auto-alligns, itself to the side of the magnetic iPad 2. When closed, it puts it to sleep, and opening it awakens it. Placing any smart cover on an iPad 1 will protect it but it may slide off. I recommend purchasing a cover for first generation iPad, because buying this adds unneeded features and most likely a higher cost.
- Answered by Cole P from Tacoma
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, the first generation one doesn't have the magnets built in for it to attach
- Answered by Lisa H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You can not put the smart cover on the first generation iPad because Apple did not put magnets on the side to hold and auto-align on iPad 1. However the cover is only for iPad 2 and I recommend that you should just buy the case that Apple had made for iPad 1.
Ps: Even if you do put a smart cover on your iPad 1 it will only stay on the top but just slip off when you pick it up.
- Answered by Ellida G from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
no, the ipad1 doesn't have any magnets, the ipad 2 does, meaning that the smart cover would fall off of the ipad 1
- Answered by Jack S from Mahtomedi
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
No you are only able to use the smart cover with the second generation ipad because of the special magnets that are in the ipad 2 in oreder to perfectlly allign the smart cover
- Answered by Bryce M from Coon Rapids
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
- Answered by Haris A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
No. The new cover is too small to fit the first gen iPad. I have a first gen iPad and now an iPad Air and compared the sizes.
- Answered by James B from Tucson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
- Answered by Kieran H from Colne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
No, it can't attach to the flat sides of the first gen iPad.
- Answered by Erik F from Kentwood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
No the Smart Cover cannot be used for the first generation iPad.
The Smart Cover requires magnets inside the iPad (feature in the iPad 2) for it to 'snap' into place.
iPad "1" lacks these magnets, and hence, the Cover will not stick.
- Answered by Nick K from Ballan
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
what covers or cases are there for a first generation iPad that provide a stand for reading
- Asked by Robert H from Stockton
- Flag as inappropriate (what covers or cases are there for a first generation iPad that provide a stand for reading)
- Asked about: iPad Smart Case - Polyurethane - Da…
Will the lifeproof case designed for the first iPad work for the 4th generation
- Asked by Kim K from Orient
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the lifeproof case designed for the first iPad work for the 4th generation)
- Asked about: LifeProof nüüd Case for iPad Air
Can it be used on the first generation ipad
- Asked by Patricia C from Baltimore
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used on the first generation ipad)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter