charge and sync simultaneously?
Can I charge and sync with iTunes simultaneously? Do I need two cables?
- Asked by David L from Pittsford
- Flag as inappropriate (charge and sync simultaneously?)
3 Answers from the Community
It was reported recently that on Apple machines, the USB port puts out more than standard power, so it's able to charge iOS devices. It's not as much power as from a plug, so charging will be slower. But since any amount of power through USB would be enough to charge the device when it's off, this was getting reported because it's enough to do the sync + charge thing.
Also though, the fact of it getting reported in this way seems to suggest that Windows machines probably are NOT putting enough power through the USB port to charge + sync.
So: if you're using a Windows machine, the answer is going to be "no". If you're using a Mac, the answer is going to be "yes".
- Answered by Ronald B from Murphy
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
NO. My understnading is that the iPad draws more power than the USB connection is able to provide. To charge the iPad you need the power adapter hooked up to it... musical plugs.
- Answered by Thomas M from Stillwater
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Nicholas A from Round Rock
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I charge two devices simultaneously?
- Asked by Shaveh W from Columbus
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I charge two devices simultaneously?)
- Asked about: mophie Juice Pack Powerstation PRO
Is there anyway to charge and use this simultaneously? (I was thinking of using this as usb audio in)
- Asked by David "peachey" M
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there anyway to charge and use this simultaneously? (I was thinking of using this as usb audio in))
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Does this cable charge and sync the iPad 3?
- Asked by Tino N from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this cable charge and sync the iPad 3?)
- Asked about: Griffin USB to Apple Dock Connector…