Thunderbolt display, thunderbolt storage and networks/NAS
If the thunderbolt display is connected to my home network via ethernet (i.e. to my router)and also to a thunderbolt storage drive (such as the LaCie 4TB 2 big thunderbolt drive), will the storage drive function as a NAS that can be accessed by other devices on my network (e.g. for streaming photos and music to my Sonos, PC laptop, etc without a macbook being connected to the display too)?
1 Answer from the Community
No. The computer is necessary to control the Thunderbolt drive to share it on a network. If the computer is not connected to the Thunderbolt Display there is no connection of the drive to the network.
- Answered by James H from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this be used with Apple Thunderbolt Cinema Display?
- Asked by Vandad N
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with Apple Thunderbolt Cinema Display?)
- Asked about: Twelve South HiRise Stand for iMac
Does this work with a Thunderbolt display?
- Asked by John R from Palo Alto
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with a Thunderbolt display?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
No answers yet