Calibration of Thunderbolt display in conjunction with Macbook Pro Retina
I have a Spyder3Elite monitor calibrator and I wanted to make sure that I would be able to achieve closely matched calibration of a Thunderbolt display and a Macbook Pro Retina (15").
Can you explain any settings that should be configured on one or the other to get equivalent colour results?
Has Apple tested calibrating Thunderbolt displays with MBP Retinas using any of the Spyder calibrators (or other brands)?
We have an older 27" iMac that is nicely calibrated and we want to make sure that the MBP Retina and Thunderbolt combination will be able to achieve the same results for photo editing as the old iMac.
- Asked by Sarah O from Newtown
- Flag as inappropriate (Calibration of Thunderbolt display in conjunction with Macbook Pro Retina)
1 Answer from the Community
I have the same setup as you describe, Macbook Pro Retina 15" and TBD. Using the Spyder4Pro calibrator I get a exact match of the displays using the standard calibration process. The only caution I have is to make sure your ambient light measurement is the same when doing the calibration otherwise you may get a slight difference. I rarely use the Retina display for photoediting so it is more important to me to get a good calibration on the TBD.
- Answered by Warren M from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this battery work with the 15" retina display MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Jozsef F from Columbiana
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this battery work with the 15" retina display MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Rechargeable Battery - 15-inch MacB…
can I use 2008 iMac with firewire as display for macbook pro with thunderbolt
- Asked by Mike B from Milpitas
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use 2008 iMac with firewire as display for macbook pro with thunderbolt)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
Is this version retina-aware for the new Macbook Pro Retina Display?
- Asked by Jennifer P from Champaign
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this version retina-aware for the new Macbook Pro Retina Display?)
- Asked about: Microsoft Office for Mac Home and S…