Will this one have sound when I connect it from my newest macbook air to my HDTV?
I just bought the mini displayport to HDMI and I'm just wondering if I can just plug this one to connect the macbook air and HDTV to have the sound in my TV. Thanks.
- Asked by Yue H from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this one have sound when I connect it from my newest macbook air to my HDTV?)
4 Answers from the Community
I just got my new air today and bought a mini display port to HDMI cable from the apple shop.
Firstly,the apple hdmi to hdmi cable has both hdmi ends, so you will not connect directly from your air to TV unless you buy an extra convertor。
The simplest way is to get a mini display port to HDMI cable instead, it does carry both video and audio to your TV.
I was wondering whether my cable carries audio before I buy it, and one of a apple stuff told me it does not.
However, I bought it finally and now I am 100% sure that it does carry audio!
But after you connect it you have to set the output as TV(HDMI) in the reference--sound.
Just set your mind at rest man, I think people who say it does not carry audio probably they had not even used it, or did not know how to set it up.
Finally, I love my new air, it is the forth mac the I owned.
- Answered by Jiahao L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. However; It cannot be connected to a MacBook Air unless you purchase a converter.
- Answered by Weston G from Springville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes. You should if your adapter supports sound.
- Answered by Ryan G from Abbotsford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The Moshi Mini DP to HDMI Adapter (sold on Apple.com) will carry the video and sound from the newer Macs with a mini displayport to a TV. The HDMI to HDMI can be used to extend the length if needed.
- Answered by Danielle B from Chagrin Falls
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
will it work with macbook air mid 2013?
- Asked by Peter H from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work with macbook air mid 2013?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
Can i use this with my MacBook (the newest one)?
- Asked by Lesleigh H from Auburn
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use this with my MacBook (the newest one)?)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse
MacBook Air connected to Display
- Asked by Eva T from Bermuda Dunes
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Air connected to Display)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
No answers yet