How can i use this to hook up to a bose surround unit?
My MacBook Pro works with theTV speakers using HDMI, but can't get sound through the surround which uses a fiber optic hook up.
- Asked by Mike G from Fraser
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i use this to hook up to a bose surround unit?)
1 Answer from the Community
If your surround receiver supports HDMI input, you will need to run an HDMI cable from your MacBook Pro to it, and then from the output on the receiver to the TV.
If you can only use fibre optic (toslink) cables to hook up to your surround receiver, you should get a mini-toslink to toslink cable and connect it to the headphone jack on your MacBook Pro, which doubles as an optical digital output.
- Answered by John F from Dover
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this unit recording in PAL or NTSC?
- Asked by Colin H from Crawley
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this unit recording in PAL or NTSC?)
- Asked about: GoPro HERO4 Silver Edition Camera
No answers yet
would i be able to hook up my sony surround sound system to the display? (any adapters that would work?)
- Asked by Christopher M from Valencia
- Flag as inappropriate (would i be able to hook up my sony surround sound system to the display? (any adapters that would work?))
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
Is there an adapter to hook an iPad to a Bose sound dock?
- Asked by Beth B from Saint Joseph
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an adapter to hook an iPad to a Bose sound dock?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to VGA Adapter