can i use SSD with RAID?
- Asked by Max S from Helena
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use SSD with RAID?)
3 Answers from the Community
If you look at Build your own Mac Pro it says that you cannot use a SSD with the RAID card.
- Answered by Iain P from Leesburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You should be able to use Apple's built in software RAID with two SSDs.
This is subset of SOFTWARE RAID that is also available and could be used with two SSDs.
I am not sure why you would want to do this. SSD tends to be more reliable than a magnetic hard drive.
It is also rather expensive.
I would use the SSD for applications and the OS in a Mac Pro.
Then for data I used two magnetic HDs.
I use RAID 1 mirror of two magnetic hard drives using the SOFTWARE RAID software for instantaneous backup.
- Answered by Bill A from Mission Viejo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, but i think that 7200rpm hd will be just right in any scenario.
I can't wait to see SSD being cheaper $1000+ for a SSD is just so crazy !!!
- Answered by Rafael C from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does it have RAID capability?
- Asked by Martin C from Beroun
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it have RAID capability?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
what is the speed of the disk in rpm ? or is it SSD?
- Asked by Thomas P from Nyc
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the speed of the disk in rpm ? or is it SSD?)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Porsche Design P'9223 USB…