I don't have ethernet lines out in the country. I just have the regular phone line. Will this work for me?
- Asked by Brenda N from Madoc
- Flag as inappropriate (I don't have ethernet lines out in the country. I just have the regular phone line. Will this work for me?)
2 Answers from the Community
Not by itself. You need to set up a broadband ADSL account with an internet service provider to supply your house with internet access via your telephone line. that connection will involve a modem/router device that connects to your telephone cable (on the modem part) and also has ethernet port(s) (on the router part).
With the account set up and the modem/router plugged in to your phone line, you'll then be able to plug ethernet capable devices (or devices connected to this adapter via a usb 2.0 port) into the modem to connect to the net.
This is the same procedure needed when connecting to broadband via ethernet in the city as most houses only have the regular phone lines there as well.
- Answered by Gregory P from Ovingham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Thanks for your response Gregory.
We don't have a broadband cable line out here in the country.
I am lucky to have one of the old models of this adapter that does go into a regular phone line. It works on my older MacBookPro but I don't think it will work on a new MacBookPro.
We pretty well have to go the wireless route out here.
- Answered by Brenda N from Madoc
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
We have a landline in the office and an iPhone. For mobile two separate phone plans can the iFusion work as one unit eg a land line / mobile on number
- Asked by Josy Y from Hervey Bay
- Flag as inappropriate (We have a landline in the office and an iPhone. For mobile two separate phone plans can the iFusion work as one unit eg a land line / mobile on number)
- Asked about: AltiGen iFusion SmartStation Dock f…