Will the iPhone 4 fit into the dock with the protective bumper on it or do you have to remove the bumper first?
- Asked by Lance S from North Liberty
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the iPhone 4 fit into the dock with the protective bumper on it or do you have to remove the bumper first?)
13 Answers from the Community
I've just tried this with an iPhone 4 and bumper case, and can confirm it doesn't fit in (as expected but one always hopes).
I suspect that it will charge with the universal dock, if you take out the custom insert / use an original iPhone or iPhone 3G insert.
- Answered by Jonathan K from London
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You will have to remove it, because:
The shape of the dock-insert is custom made to hold the iPhone 4, not iPhone 4+bumper (or any other case).
- Answered by Andrew H from Sterling
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
no, this iphone dock is specifically fitted for the iphone 4 without the case. the shape of the dock is exactly the same as the iphone 4 universal dock adapter, which doesn't work with the bumper case.
- Answered by Ryan S from Grand Junction
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I recommend buying the universal dock as the opening is large enough that it should take the iPhone 4 + Bumper. Apple needs to hire a Jonathan Ive for the accessories department.
- Answered by Ronald W from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
with the bumper on it will not fit into any dock or configuration of dock adapters. Even when it fits into the outside diameter of an original iphone dock with no adapter in the way, the bumper is just too thick for the charging unit to reach all the way into the phone and get a connection.
- Answered by Jonathan J from Westfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
If want to to use a dock for an iPhone 4 and don't want to remove its bumper every time you put it in the dock, you'd get the "Apple Universal Dock". If a bumper is attached on the iPhone just remove the dock adapter from the Universal Dock before you put the phone into the dock. Without the adapter, bumper and iPhone 4 fits nicely into the dock and charging works, too.
- Answered by Jan-christian H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
I don't think it will, but you can use the universal dock with no insert.
- Answered by Patrick O from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
With the new protective bumper on the iPhone 4 the cradle is rendered useless. The bumper needs to be removed.
- Answered by Jeffrey G from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
I was recommended today by a apple store employee to buy a Incase Slider case for iPhone 4. The bottom half slides out so it goes onto any iHome, or dock like this one. Perfect fit!
- Answered by Evan S from Indiana
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
If you have an Universal Dock remove the insert, and your in business, Note older Universal Dock for Ipod will get the job done too.
- Answered by Allan S from Lancaster
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
No, it won't fit. You need to remove the bumper. Or rather than having to remove the fiddly bumper you can use the universal dock with no adapters - works fine.
- Answered by Claire P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
I have seen it been forced on there but this is something that I would not advice. The dock is really designed for the iPhone without a case.
Hope this helps!
- Answered by Nicholas R from Greenwood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 12
You have to remove the bumper first
- Answered by Cherise O from Columbia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 13
Does the dock connector on the new AV Cables fit into the dock hole of the standard iPhone 4 bumper case?
- Asked by William K from Pittsburgh
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the dock connector on the new AV Cables fit into the dock hole of the standard iPhone 4 bumper case?)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable
Will the iphone 4 fit in this with the bumper on?
- Asked by Jacqueline B
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the iphone 4 fit in this with the bumper on?)
- Asked about: Sena Ultraslim Pouch for iPhone 4