my dvd drive is inop do I have any other options to load this software
my dvd is not reading disk and would like to upgrade to snow leopard. do I have any other options besides replacing my dvd superdrive?
- Asked by Jeffrey P from Westerville
- Flag as inappropriate (my dvd drive is inop do I have any other options to load this software)
2 Answers from the Community
Replacing your internal drive is usually ~$300.
With newer Macs, you can install software from a DVD in another computer via Wi-Fi. Really cool! With all Macs that have Firewire, you can boot your Mac with the "T" key held down, connect it to a Mac that has a working DVD drive, and install Snow Leopard to your Mac. Your Mac is seen as an external hard drive by the Mac with the working DVD drive.
Lastly, the Genius Bar has done software installs for me. They either use external hard drives with the Operating System on them or they do it from a server. Just bring your Snow Leopard disc as a proof of purchase.
- Answered by Steven M from Durham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can install from Target Disk Mode or by using CD/DVD Sharing with another Mac.
- Answered by Larry P from Little Rock
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can of load DVD Programs to a PC?
- Asked by Deborah E from Granada Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (can of load DVD Programs to a PC?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
No answers yet
I have a large CD/DVD library and wonder if the 2014 Yosemite 15" McBk Pro has a CD/DVD drive and if not, is the external Superdrive the best option?
- Asked by Charles A W from Lubbock
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a large CD/DVD library and wonder if the 2014 Yosemite 15" McBk Pro has a CD/DVD drive and if not, is the external Superdrive the best option?)
- Asked about: Mac