How to download app store and do i need snow leopard?
I asked a worker in the apple store today what is the best way to create a website and he said i would be able to download the app store and then use rapidweaver but do i have to buy snow leopard first? and he said no price would be included apart from the £30 for rapidweaver. i have a Macbook?
- Asked by Katie M
- Flag as inappropriate (How to download app store and do i need snow leopard?)
2 Answers from the Community
I will answer your questions in reverse of the order they are presented. Yes you need Snow leopard to download the App Store. If you do not have it on your Mac already, you must purchase it. I don't know the cost in pounds sterling, its $29.00 US. Once you have the new OS installed, update it, and you should see the APP store when you click the Apple icon.
- Answered by Thomas L from West Babylon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You will need Snow Leopard and it will need to be upgraded to the current version that contains the AppStore (i.e. the first version of Snow Leopard, 10.6.1 won't do -- you will need to update to 10.6.6 or later. So after you install Snow Leopard, be sure to upgrade it. Then purchases Lion from the AppStore and install from the downloaded file.
Note, though that many older programs that did run on Snow Leopard under Rosetta are no longer supported under Lion, so if you have an older machine and older programs (many games and older specialized programs have not been upgraded), then it may not be wise to upgrade to Lion (or if you do, install it on an additional partition, if this is possible, rather than wiping out Snow Leopard). Many people, myself included, greatly dislike the changes to the OS that have come into Lion from IOS system designed for the iPhone/iPad/iPod, so look before you leap.
- Answered by Peter C from Newton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
snow leopard 10.6 OSX where to order
- Asked by Ron F from Haslett
- Flag as inappropriate (snow leopard 10.6 OSX where to order)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
How to Download Lion 10.7 from the apple store I am currently running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and want to update to Lion
- Asked by Rebecca C from Echuca
- Flag as inappropriate (How to Download Lion 10.7 from the apple store I am currently running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and want to update to Lion)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
Can I add apps from App Store
- Asked by Kerry O from Mansfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I add apps from App Store)
- Asked about: Apple TV
No answers yet