Can I upgrade an eMac PowerPC from OS X 10.4.11?
I have an eMac PowerPC with OS X 10.4.11 that I would like to upgrade. I know I can't upgrade to Snow Leopard, but can I upgrade to Leopard or something newer than what I'm running?
- Asked by Steve B from Newport
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade an eMac PowerPC from OS X 10.4.11?)
1 Answer from the Community
You cannot upgrade to Snow Leopard as the eMac does NOT have an Intel processor. That being said, I don't really see the benefit of spending money on Leopard for such an old Mac. You'd be better off trying to trade up to a newer Mac that has an Intel processor and then you could jump all the way to Snow Leopard. Also, I have found that older Macs like yours appear to actually run faster running Tiger rather than Leopard. I love Macs, but make sure you spend your money wisely.
- Answered by Michael K from Perkinsfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can I use this keyboard on my eMac running Tiger (OS X version 10.4.11)
- Asked by Elizabeth W from Camarillo
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this keyboard on my eMac running Tiger (OS X version 10.4.11))
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with numeric keypad …
Will it work with OS X 10.4.11
- Asked by Luz S. T from Alice
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with OS X 10.4.11)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme