Will I be able to buy extra batteries whenever the time comes that the batteries do stop working?
- Asked by Steven O from Mount Pleasant
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I be able to buy extra batteries whenever the time comes that the batteries do stop working?)
8 Answers from the Community
While Apple is not currently selling their own batteries separate from the charger, the charger will take third-party batteries, so you can buy new batteries from a company other than Apple when the Apple ones reach the end of their lifespan.
- Answered by Stephen W from Tinton Falls
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
They use standard NiMH rechargeable batteries (Nickel-Metal Hydride.) Nickel-Cadmium (NiCad) won't work. As long as they're NiMH, they can be from any manufacturer.
- Answered by James T from Lexington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
There is not currently any way to purchase additional batteries. However, as this is a brand new product, this could change.
- Answered by Scott L from Crownsville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
At the moment the only batteries available come with the charger. However, Apple states this may change in the future. Probably depends on how popular it is.
- Answered by Dani C from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Latest word is they are Sanyo 'Eneloop' batteries, which means they're (a) good and (b) not extortionately priced by Apple.
- Answered by Mark M from Rochester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Yes. You can purchase other companies AA NiMH batteries.
- Answered by Jonathan B from Cleveland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Apple are not currently selling extra batteries as far as I am aware but they say the batteries should last 10 years so you won't need new ones for a while anyway.
- Answered by Nicholas M from Poole
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Probably not, but since the estimated life of the batteries is 10 years, it's hard to predict where Apple will be then.
- Answered by Bill H from Grosse Pointe Farms
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
Can you use it with the 3-battery version keyboard? As in, use this and add an extra battery to make it work?
- Asked by Jennifer D from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use it with the 3-battery version keyboard? As in, use this and add an extra battery to make it work?)
- Asked about: Magic Bar by Mobee Technology