If I extend wi-fi network from an Airport Extreme basestation via WDS to this unit, can both ethernet ports be used for networking non wi-fi devices?
1 Answer from the Community
Absolutely! THe Extreme can wirelessly extend to another wireless router (Bridge mode). As long as you enable ETHERNET. THe additional router (such as Airport Express) makes stronger wireless signal over the entire dwelling or office, and then allows you to use the ethernet port and the USB port, such as, a network printer or shared drive Or another PC or whatever. Highly recommend it. Two extremes together would give you 8 Ethernet ports in addition to multiple wireless clients. Depending on your ISP; where I am, is fibre optic. I think it allows 67 or so?? Can't remember. But plenty. I've used this setup extensively in different locations. Seamless, and easy to set up. Can't go wrong with apple equipment in my humble opinion. Cheers!
- Answered by Bill B from Red Oak
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the Apple TV use Ethernet cable to my router instead of wi-fi?
- Asked by William B from Chester
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Apple TV use Ethernet cable to my router instead of wi-fi?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
can an old extreme be used with this new one to extend a network?
- Asked by Ronald S from Plymouth
- Flag as inappropriate (can an old extreme be used with this new one to extend a network?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme