can i use airport express to extend NONE airport routers?
- Asked by Thomas H from Peoria
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use airport express to extend NONE airport routers?)
1 Answer from the Community
No, you cannot use a single Airport Express to extend non airport express routers. If you use 2 or more you can accomplish that by plugging the first into your modem with an ethernet cable, then use the second to join the first through wifi as a range extender. An even better solution is to use an Airport Extreme (which is an extra $100) as the main router (connected with an ethernet cable to your modem) and then add an Airport Express to the Airport Extreme via wifi.
- Answered by Charlie C from Eden
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Extending a wifi-network with TC
- Asked by Marla R from Essex
- Flag as inappropriate (Extending a wifi-network with TC)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
how do I extend my signal with 2 airport expresses?
- Asked by Ann M from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I extend my signal with 2 airport expresses?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme