does the wireless keyboard work with ipad?
- Asked by Richard G from Pembroke
- Flag as inappropriate (does the wireless keyboard work with ipad?)
20 Answers from the Community
Yes it does, and it works great. If you have a problem with the set up (i.e. pairing the keyboard to iPad), check Settings to be sure you have Bluetooth turned on.
- Answered by Patrick M from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. Link to Apple iPad page:
"With built-in 802.11n, iPad takes advantage of the fastest Wi-Fi networks. It automatically locates available Wi-Fi networks, which you can join with a few taps. iPad also comes with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, letting you connect to devices like wireless headphones or the Apple Wireless Keyboard."
- Answered by Tim T from Grandville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Typing text works great, and pressing the escape key will bring up the on-screen keyboard. You can dim the brightness and change your volume, but that's about it. There is no access to the home button or any of the on-screen menus. Pressing enter will clear some dialogue boxes.
- Answered by Norris M from Plano
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes, the iPad will work with any supported Bluetooth keyboard.
- Answered by Miye L from Beijing Shi
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Limited support. Not all applications support it. So sometimes for example TAB key does not move between fields like you would expect. There is no home key button on the keyboard, you cannot close dialog boxes with ENTER key and other things. Very disappointing from an operations standpoint. Hopefully with a new iOS they will incorporate more features into the keyboard.
- Answered by Warren C from Vallejo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Goto the accessories page for the iPad and you'll see its listed as a compatible accessory
"The incredibly thin Apple Wireless Keyboard uses Bluetooth technology, which makes it compatible with iPad. And you’re free to type wherever you like — with the keyboard in front of your iPad or even on your lap"
- Answered by Adam R from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Yes, it does. I am personally using it right now with my iPad. Works flawlessly and very easy to connect.
- Answered by Todd B from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Yes they are linked via Bluetooth
- Answered by Ramon R from Anaheim
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
Yes, it is an optional purchase at point of sale for iPad, by Apple.
- Answered by Dennis M from Sanford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
Yes. More more details, please see the Apple support article HT4112.
- Answered by Matthew R from Broadview Heights
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
yes, the wireless keyboard does work with the iPad via bluetooth
- Answered by Caiden C from Red Deer
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
All but the original Apple Wireless Keyboard (2003). Search support for "iPad: Apple Wireless Keyboard compatibility" kb/HT4112
- Answered by Timothy B from Willow Grove
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 12
My co-worker received one of these keyboards today to use with his new mini. We decided to see how it worked with my iPad. Works great! I think I gotta have one...
- Answered by Wendy M from Sturgis
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 13
Yes, it says so in the system requirements.
- Answered by Tom W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 14
You may find that not all of the function keys work with your application. I just got off the phone with apple tech support. My complaint was that the box that the keyboard comes in DOES NOT say that 'not all of the function keys that work on a Mac will work on an iPad.
I'm running TN3270 on my iPad2 and the F keys do not work. There is a fn key and pressing it does nothing. Normally, like on my Dell laptop, pressing fn invokes another set of options on the F keys.
- Answered by Robert H from Brecksville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 15
Yes. It works with the iDevices that run iOS 4.0 or higher, and the iPad with iOS 3.2 or higher.
- Answered by Tim M from Hillsboro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 16
- Answered by Jeffrey T from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 17
YES IT IS true
- Answered by Peter S from Bayonne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 18
Yes works great !
- Answered by Priya J from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 19
- Answered by Zackary H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 20
does the trackpad work with ipad 2 and wireless keyboard
- Asked by Sally H
- Flag as inappropriate (does the trackpad work with ipad 2 and wireless keyboard)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
will it work with the apple wireless keyboard
- Asked by Tammie S from Kansas City
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work with the apple wireless keyboard)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse