usb cable for 5th gen classic
My nano isn't big enough. My son gave me his old classic (5th gen - last 3 YMV). I used my nano cable to charge it and had no effect on battery level. Does the classic 5th gen use a unique cable? the cables I have work interchangably with my iphone, nano and ipad2. Plugged same cable into a USB port and it immediately brought up itunes and all my ipod classic specifics. Loaded several MBs of music using same cable onto classic. Thanks!
- Asked by Mark F from Billings
- Flag as inappropriate (usb cable for 5th gen classic)
2 Answers from the Community
i think you should update your dock connector. I am certain that Apple updates their USB Cables, ever since the switch from Firewire to usb 2.0
5 gen classics should work with your cable. if it works with iPhone, nano, and ipad2, it should work.
- Answered by Justin B from Boston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Oh yea...it does..I'm still searching for one....i still have the charger.....the cable end looks somewhat like a ieee 1394a high speed port end..if you find one please let me know where..jzzart
- Answered by Arthuur S from Inkster
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this be used to connect the Squier USB guitar to a 5th gen iPod Touch using the USB Mini-B - USB Type A cable (for use with GarageBand)?
- Asked by Steve S from Carlsbad
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to connect the Squier USB guitar to a 5th gen iPod Touch using the USB Mini-B - USB Type A cable (for use with GarageBand)?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
can you tranfer your songs from ipod classic to ipod touch 5th gen
- Asked by Mark T
- Flag as inappropriate (can you tranfer your songs from ipod classic to ipod touch 5th gen)
- Asked about: iPod