does this mouse have the side expose buttons?
- Asked by Daniel B
- Flag as inappropriate (does this mouse have the side expose buttons?)
35 Answers from the Community
No, but you can set up Exposé to activate when the mouse cursor is moved to a corner of the screen (System Preferences > Exposé & Spaces > Exposé > Active Screen Corners).
- Answered by Mark L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, there is no Exposé function on the new Magic Mouse. I have talked with two different Apple technical support people and they both said no. Sad!
- Answered by Jackson H from Hayden
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No, but it will support gestures.
- Answered by Josh T from Crumlin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
No, but you can put the Expose' application in the dock, and control it from there very quickly, and very easily. Or, as many others have suggested, set it up in of your active corners.
- Answered by Albert M from Dorchester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
No, the Magic Mouse does not have any buttons on it. Also, it can not currently control Expose.
- Answered by Jason B from Ringgold
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
It is true that natively the mouse does not support the expose function, but I believe that if you search for 'MagicPrefs' on the download section of Apples website your problem will be sorted.
- Answered by Afroditi F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
No it does not. Instead there are customizable gestures you can create in System Preferences to create the same function.
- Answered by Steve G from Markham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
No, it has no side buttons. This does not preclude some Expose functionality in the drivers and software. However, Apple could also introduce additional gestures in the future to accommodate Expose as it did on multi-touch trackpads.
- Answered by Derek D from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
You can use BetterTouchTool to set gestures for expose & spaces and more.
- Answered by Rawn S from Singapore
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
No, it doesn't!
- Answered by Andrew V from Moscow
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
No he doesn't have side exposé. But you can active others gestures on mouse sistem preferences or some shortcuts like activating sreen cornes on the "exposé & spaces" preferences.
- Answered by André Luís L from Tabapuã
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
No it doesn't, but you can set hot corners on your screen to activate expose.
- Answered by Pol S from Hollywood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 12
If you download a program called Magic prefs, you can use 3 finger clicks to open up expose and dashboard.
- Answered by Vinod T from Guttenberg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 13
Its no big deal to have no expose button - just make the top right hand corner a hot corner for expose, find it in system prefs and select all windows in the top right corner (or another corner if you wish) Its much better than using the side buttons. Just flick the mouse pointer to the corner and back - its brilliant!!
- Answered by Bradly Y from Forfar
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 14
No, this mouse DOES NOT have those buttons
- Answered by Neal K from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 15
No buttons at all, just a multi touch surface.
- Answered by Jacques P from Jersey City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 16
You can also set Expose to use the "secondary mouse button" if you never right click. If you do right click all the time I would just settle for using F9, F10, etc for Expose.
- Answered by Ericka L from Schaumburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 17
No, but you can set up the secondary mouse button to open expose if you go to System Preferences>mouse and activate the secondary button and then go to System Preferences>Expose & Spaces and in the middle portion of the screen set the secondary mouse button to open expose.You have to do it in this order or it won't work. You can also program the secondary mouse button to open dashboard instead at the bottom of this same window in System Preferences.
- Answered by Mary S from Ave Maria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 18
No. Went and saw one in the Apple store the other day. It did not.
- Answered by Kevin W from San Luis Obispo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 19
No, the Magic Mouse has no programmable side buttons.
- Answered by Justin R from Saint Clair Shores
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 20
What are the side buttons for?
- Asked by Elaine A from Bloomfield Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the side buttons for?)
- Asked about: iPad