Can you copy & paste with the mouse without having to click "edit"?
- Asked by Arian M from Hannawa Falls
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you copy & paste with the mouse without having to click "edit"?)
11 Answers from the Community
You can use the keyboard!
Command - Z = undo
Command - C = copy
Command - v = paste
Command - X = cut
Hope this helps!
- Answered by Jeremy T from Dunwoody
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, you can. Simply make a selection by clicking and dragging over text, then right click on the selection. A contextual menu will appear which will contain the option to copy your selection. Click on "copy" to copy your selection. Now place your cursor where you would like to paste your selection. Right click again to bring up the contextual menu and click on "paste". You have now copied and pasted without using the Edit menu.
- Answered by Brian D from Simi Valley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
There have always been a number of ways to copy and paste text. Using a Control+Click to access a context menu, enabling Right Click in the Mouse System Preference pane to enable access to the context menu, or by using the keyboard shortcuts Command+C (copy), Command+X (cut), and Command+V (paste).
- Answered by Matthew B from Courtenay
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes: Since this mouse has a secondary click function (i.e. "right-click"), it will have the same access to contextual copy/cut/paste functions (via pop-up menu) as common multi-button mice (such as the Mighty Mouse and most third-party devices).
- Answered by Devvyn M from Saskatoon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
yes. you can use the right click function to copy and paste.
- Answered by Nathaniel S from Durham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Yes with a secondary click (touch), on the right side of your mouse, just like the Mighty Mouse
- Answered by Robert M from Middleburg Heights
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Yes. You can actually do this with any Apple Mouse. Just right click and choose copy from the contextual menu.
- Answered by Jarrod P S from Loganville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
yes, by using two fingers to do a 'right click' and selecting it from the pop up menu
- Answered by Lucien W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
This is built into os x.
It has left/right click functions so yes it will have the copy/paste menu under the "right click" function.
If that is what you mean.
- Answered by Tommy P from Edinburgh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
You can bring up a context menu by using the right click feature of the mouse, and you can then choose Cut, Copy or Paste from that menu.
- Answered by Mark L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
- Answered by Sharifo Y from Tempe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
how to select a paragraph or certain items to copy paste on the trackpad
- Asked by Hosien B from Bronx
- Flag as inappropriate (how to select a paragraph or certain items to copy paste on the trackpad)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad