Can this be used to replace the battery in a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)?
I've recently had issues with a faulty charger and I think it has affected my laptop battery, as it no longer holds charge very well and seems to charge far too quickly. A friend who had a similar problem has suggested replacing the battery and I was wondering if this would be the correct replacement. If replacing the battery isn't my best option any advice would be welcomed!
- Asked by Nicola H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to replace the battery in a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)?)
1 Answer from the Community
No. Macbook Pro 13" 2012 (A1278) uses built-in battery. They are only serviceable by Apple Genius bar or Apple Authorized Service Providers.
Open System Information by clicking the Apple Logo on top left corner of your desktop while holding down OPTION key. Under 'Power' you will see the health condition of your battery. If it says 'Service Battery' then it needs a new battery. If it says 'Normal' then it could be the logic board. Either way consult to Genius Bar or Authorized Service Providers.
- Answered by Little H from Mtview
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i use this with my macbook pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)?
- Asked by Jordan D from Cudahy
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this with my macbook pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Will this fit my Macbook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012 model ?
- Asked by Jiovany R from Gainesville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this fit my Macbook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012 model ?)
- Asked about: Speck 13" SmartShell Case for MacBo…
Macbook pro replacement battery
- Asked by Lauren G from Agoura Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook pro replacement battery)
- Asked about: Rechargeable Battery - 13-inch MacB…
No answers yet