Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?
I have a Dell U2711 with both DVI-D and DisplayPort inputs at 2560x1440. I have been using this DVI-D adaptor for about a month with a new Mac Mini. Works OK except that when the Mac Mini wakes up from sleep, sometimes the monitor has video snow and I have to power cycle it. (Yes, I am running 1.03 firmware).
There is a well-reviewed Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor made by Altaz, on Amazon. Normally I would have bought this in the first place, but I was worried that it was not sold by the Apple Store. It's much cheaper with much better reviews than this product.
So should I try the Altaz adaptor? Is it better to go with Mini Display Port to DisplayPort rather than Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D? Is it a red flag that Apple does not sell a Mini Display Port to Display Port solution, but only the Mini Display Port to DVI-D product?
- Asked by Lewis S from Berkeley
- Flag as inappropriate (Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?)
1 Answer from the Community
Actually it turns out that the mini-display port to display port adaptor has reports of problems with the U2711, so I decided to stay with this mini-display port to dvi-d adaptor. I do get the snow on waking up from sleep a few times a week, I just turn the monitor off, then on and it goes away, so I lose about 20 seconds/week.
- Answered by Lewis S from Berkeley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how do i know if my mac has a mini displayport?
- Asked by Kathleen F from Berkeley
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i know if my mac has a mini displayport?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Is there an adaptor to connect mini displayport to firewire?
- Asked by Jay D from Wilmington
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an adaptor to connect mini displayport to firewire?)
- Asked about: Mac
Help!!! Mini displayport to DVI-D?
- Asked by Russell S from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Help!!! Mini displayport to DVI-D?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter