Does the mini-display adapter work with the new thunderbolt Macs?
The new MacBook Pro has a thunderbolt port for attaching an external monitor. Is the Mini Display port adapter the proper adapter for this port?
- Asked by John Mark A from Palo Alto
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the mini-display adapter work with the new thunderbolt Macs?)
4 Answers from the Community
Yes Thunderbolt port can do a display and a fast transfer from a hardrive to your laptop
- Answered by Carole S from Arnold
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Randy T from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Apparently, the mini-display plug of this adapter can plug into the thunderbolt port.
There is a discussion about this in the Apple support forums.
Search for New Macbook Air to External Display.
Thus, the signals of the thunderbolt port must be backwards compatible to some extent.
However, I don't think this adapter pulls out any analog signals, if any are even available, from the thunderbolt port.
- Answered by Bill A from Mission Viejo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Apparently not I have tried this and the Macbook Pro doesn't recognise the Adapter when plugged into the Thunderbolt port. No picture or sound at the TV. I'm told it may work on pre mid2010 MacBooks but not after this date.
- Answered by Des E from Gold Coast
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Washington
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Using a thunderbolt display with a PC?
- Asked by Gloria L from York
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a thunderbolt display with a PC?)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
connect this to thunderbolt display
- Asked by Dewey N from Dunedin
- Flag as inappropriate (connect this to thunderbolt display)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
No answers yet