I have an Apple Cinema Display ADC. What adapters do I need to hookup my ADC connected monitor to my Mac Mini...I bought the DVI to ADC adapter ($99.
The Mac Mini has a mini dvi port. Please advise. Thanx...bgs.
1 Answer from the Community
If your Mac mini has HDMI output then it should have included the HDMI to DVI adapter in the box. You would just connect the DVI to ADC adapter to the HDMI to DVI adapter and plug in to the mini's HDMI output. Make sure you have the DVI to ADC adapter with the large brick and not an ADC to DVI adapter. ADC delivers power as well as the digital video signal to the display. This is usually supplied from a Mac with a video card that has ADC onboard. The DVI to ADC adapter supplies the power externally (the brick) and combines that into one cable that plugs into the ADC connector on the monitor. I have used this setup with many different Macs with DVI output or available DVI adapter with no problems. The Mac has to have a digital video output for it to work. (mini DVI, mini display port etc.) Some of the older iBooks only have mini VGA ports which are analog signals and hence don't work.
- Answered by Martin R from Boulder Creek
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can I combine the mini display-to-DVI adapter with my Apple DVI-to-ADC Adapter so that I can use my old apple cinema display with my new macbook pro?
- Asked by Felice N from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate (can I combine the mini display-to-DVI adapter with my Apple DVI-to-ADC Adapter so that I can use my old apple cinema display with my new macbook pro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Can i connect a macbook pro equipped with Thunderbolt to an old ADC cinema display? if so, How?
- Asked by Nolan C from Binghamton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect a macbook pro equipped with Thunderbolt to an old ADC cinema display? if so, How?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)