Are we limited to 2TB HDs, or can 4TB HDs be used
- Asked by Gary S from Chula Vista
- Flag as inappropriate (Are we limited to 2TB HDs, or can 4TB HDs be used)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, you can use 4*3TB drives or 4*4TB drives. You could, for example, put the installed 2TB drives in "transport" mode, pull them out, and then set up a new set of physical drives and then create a new logical set. Please don't, however, take the advice of the user who commented that they installed 5400RPM drives. That would be a waste of the potential speed of this machine.
- Answered by Jonathan C from Corona Del Mar
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I am using 4TB Seagate 5400RPM drives in my Diskless R4.
- Answered by Eric F from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
With what kind of HDs does it ship with, or do we need to get the HDs separately?
- Asked by Ryan S from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (With what kind of HDs does it ship with, or do we need to get the HDs separately?)
- Asked about: PROMISE Pegasus2 R8 32TB (8 x 4TB) …