Display Port - HDMI
On the use of the Sharp with a new Mac Pro, on the Sharp end I understand the Display Port connector can be used. What about on the Mac Pro end? Does it connect to the sole HDMI connector or to one of the Thunderbolt connectors (leaving the HDMI untapped)? Does a separate connecting cord need to be purchased? One other question, is the Mac Pro HDMI connection output only or input-output? Thanks!
- Asked by Scott B from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate (Display Port - HDMI)
1 Answer from the Community
You can run a Thunderbolt cable to the Sharp 4k display (up to 3) or to an Apple 27" Monitor (up to 6). You'll notice the the Mini Display Port connector looks the same as the Thunderbolt cable. I have read that the cables are not backwards compatible (you can't use a mini display port cable with a thunderbolt i/o). This leaves the HDMI free. You will need to purchase a Thunderbolt cable if you do't have one already as the only thing included in the box with the Mac Pro is the power cable.
Whats in the box
- Answered by Scott D from Chino Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
CONNECT MACBOOK AIR TO HDMI
- Asked by Peter I from South Croydon
- Flag as inappropriate (CONNECT MACBOOK AIR TO HDMI)
- Asked about: Mac
How do I connect my VGA display cable to the Mac Mimi HDMI port?
- Asked by David I from Roanoke
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect my VGA display cable to the Mac Mimi HDMI port?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
i have a macbook pro with a firewire port and a mini display port, i want to hook it up to my HDMI port on my LCD. what cable(s) do i need?
- Asked by Bruno B
- Flag as inappropriate (i have a macbook pro with a firewire port and a mini display port, i want to hook it up to my HDMI port on my LCD. what cable(s) do i need?)
- Asked about: Apple Mini DVI to VGA Adapter