do i need the hue bridge or can i just buy the bulb as a single unit?
- Asked by David K
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need the hue bridge or can i just buy the bulb as a single unit?)
3 Answers from the Community
Hi, you will need the Hue Bridge. Available as part of GU10, E22 or Disney starter packs.
- Answered by David B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you already have a Hue bridge then you can add the single lamps to your existing devices.
If you don't have a bridge then you will need to buy a set which includes the bridge and 3 lamps.
- Answered by Ian P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You need a hue bridge. You can use these bulbs as an extremely expensive conventional light bulb. Hue bulbs switch on in a default setting when powered up and, obviously, they switch off when powered down. But, you will not be able to control the light colour without a hue bridge. Also, you will not be able to control the bulb from iPhone/mac control software or your home automation system without a hue bridge.
- Answered by Jeroen K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Must you have the bridge to control just one bulb?
- Asked by Christen M from Lemoore
- Flag as inappropriate (Must you have the bridge to control just one bulb?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Starte…