Does this strip runs on independent battery or do you need to connect it to a regular plug?
And if it's connected to a plug, than why did I saw on multiple source that you can cut it down to the size you want? Does that mean you effectively lose the other part that's no longer connected to power?
- Asked by Esaie D from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (Power Source)
3 Answers from the Community
I just purchased this strip and I am loving it so far. It does not run on an independent battery and needs to connect to an ac adapter / wall outlet.
Yes you can cut it down to the size you want...it is marked/scored every few inches to show where you can safely cut it. The downside to this is that you lose whatever you've cut and there doesn't seem to be any way to re-use or re-connect that portion. :(
Another thing I've noticed is that these strips aren't able to produce the warm/cool natural lighting temperatures found in some of the presets like 'relax, energize, etc'. So the LightStrips won't show up as another bulb to drag around in the orange/blue gradient.
Hope this helps!
- Answered by Alexander L from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The LightStrips include a 9- or 10-foot cord (which does not have any lights built into it) that terminates in a normal power plug. They won't run on a battery. The part of the LightStrips that includes the LED lights can be reduced in size by cutting the end off of it. Any part that you cut off from the end essentially becomes unusable, so be careful cutting it and be sure you've settled on the length you want.
- Answered by Mathew S from Columbia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
It does come with a power supply that is connected to one end of the strip, it is a permanent connection.
You cut the other end of the strip to shorten it, any sections you cut off are now a waste product and cannot be used again.
- Answered by Ian P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
what is the the power source?
- Asked by Lewis C
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the the power source?)
- Asked about: Philips Clock Dock
does the car need any special connection beside the power source?
- Asked by Nancy H from Thomaston
- Flag as inappropriate (does the car need any special connection beside the power source?)
- Asked about: Belkin CarAudio Connect AUX