If I buy two or more, can I connect each other in sequence?
I need to do a 10m square, so I'll need 5 of those. And I need to know if I can connect one another.
- Asked by Carlos Eduardo B from North Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate (If I buy two or more, can I connect each other in sequence?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, LED strips can be connected using small plastic connectors specifically for LEDs. You cannot link more than 5 meters of LED strips in one go. If you do, then you will need to add an extra power supply at the 5m point.
- Answered by James B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, according to Phillips Customer Support:
They informed me (after three attempts to get a definitive answer) that their 2m (1.8m actual size) Friends of Hue Lightstrip cannot be extended by joining any other similar Friends of Hue lightstrip.
They further informed me that the other Lightstrip extender kit they sell which comes with LED Connectors and the other shorter pieces they sell cannot be used with the Friends of Hue Lightstrip.
I want to run a Friends of Hue Lightstrip around a TV Wall Panel which requires 5m but they have stated this cannot be done with the Friends of Hue Product.
The only option appears to be to buy two of the Hue Lightstrips with their separate power supplies at a cost of approx £150 which is incredible considering how cheap other LED Strips cost.
It is unfortunate that you have to buy different strips and use a different app rather than controlling all of the lights and integrating the colours with just the one Hue App.
- Answered by Gareth G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Kimberly S from Sunnyvale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can a Thunderbolt display switch between two computers?
- Asked by Marco N from Moraga
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a Thunderbolt display switch between two computers?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
Connecting two displays to an imac 27 (stronger graphic card)
- Asked by Erich H B
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting two displays to an imac 27 (stronger graphic card))
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…