40 watt=450 lumens, is 120 Lumens the maximum brightness?
Is there a setting that would be suitable for use in a vanity, to put on make-up for example, i.e. a setting consistent with natural sunlight, using the starter bulbs and or this strip? it's my understanding that white sunlight settings would be about 6000 lumens, am I missing something?
- Asked by Monte H from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate (40 watt=450 lumens, is 120 Lumens the maximum brightness?)
2 Answers from the Community
I believe you are confusing lumens with degrees kelvin (aka color temperature) The reason I say that is because your number of 6000 is the temperature that sunlight is generally considered. *Approximately 6000K" and that can vary. A tactical flashlight for self defense puts out enough light to temporarily blind someone and those put about 200 LUMENs of light. I hope that helps.
- Answered by Dan C from Prospect
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You might be able to get close to this with the Hue starter bulbs (they're designed to re-create white lights that range from warm to cool), but the LightStrips would not be a good choice. They include red, green, and blue mini LEDs that can be mixed to produce a range of colors, but they're not great at producing white light. They don't put out bright light. They work best for bouncing subtle lighting off of other surfaces (e.g., hiding behind a dresser.) But again, the Hue starter bulbs might match your needs.
- Answered by Mathew S from Columbia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
the only model is 600 lumens? can i buy with 1000 lumens?
- Asked by Dinitrios G from Athens
- Flag as inappropriate (the only model is 600 lumens? can i buy with 1000 lumens?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Starte…
What is the maximum weight the Michael Kors tote bags can hold?
- Asked by Jennelle R from Whitby
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the maximum weight the Michael Kors tote bags can hold?)
- Asked about: MICHAEL Michael Kors 15" Saffiano J…