Will a Nest Learning thermostat work in a house with radiant in floor heat on a slab?
My electrician says the thermostat he has prewired has a slab control sensor. Thx :)
- Asked by Sue B from Coldbrook
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a Nest Learning thermostat work in a house with radiant in floor heat on a slab?)
2 Answers from the Community
The Nest site has a tool that will tell you if it's compatible with your system. You have to take the cover from your current thermostat and enter the labels of your wires. They have had a few updates since it came out that have added compatibility with more types of equipment.
- Answered by Gail D from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, Nest works with radiant heat. Some floor systems have an additional temp sensor on the floor itself that connects to the thermostats, Nest uses their True Radiant technology to achieve the same result. As such you won't need to connect that sensor wire if you have one. (Normally labeled S)
- Answered by David K from Santa Clara
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the nest protect require nest thermostat?
- Asked by Matthew S from Charlotte
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the nest protect require nest thermostat?)
- Asked about: Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxi…