is this bulb very bright or quite dim?
- Asked by M V O
- Flag as inappropriate (is this bulb very bright or quite dim?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Single…
4 Answers from the Community
is not very bright... and is not quite dim... i say in between like 40W - 60W normal bulb.
- Answered by Alvaro A from Santiago
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It's in-between. It's definitely not very bright, but it will light up a small space perfectly. It is equivalent to about a 40-50 Watt incandescent bulb.
- Answered by Eric L from Myrtle Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I am writing this as i disagree with what the others have said above.
I purchased a designer light shade/chandler where the bulb sits in the middle and you can visibly see it (no fabric etc covering it) and the bulb more than lights the room when at 80%. I also have these bulbs in two (covered) lamps in the corners of the room and with the two of them on it dose fill the whole room.
I have noticed that the particular colours shine brighter, Red and some orange shine very dark while the purples/greens are quite bright.
- Answered by Paul L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
It definitely takes more than 1 bulb to illuminate a space for tasks. I would describe it as mostly for mood lighting - though, if you have a few of them in a single room, together then will light it (depending on the size of the room obviously). But don't expect to stick one of these bulbs into a ceiling light and illuminate the entire space. The exception is as a bedside lamp - it definitely provides enough light to read in bed at night.
- Answered by Thomas C from West Hollywood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Does the Hue system have a dimming function?
- Asked by Steven B from Avon
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Hue system have a dimming function?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Starte…
Can someone please eloborate on the brightness adjustment? how many increments? Does it go very dim and then off?
- Asked by Azhar N
- Flag as inappropriate (Can someone please eloborate on the brightness adjustment? how many increments? Does it go very dim and then off?)
- Asked about: Philips DC390 Dual Dock Clock Radio…