Must you have the bridge to control just one bulb?
I wanted to know if I could purchase just a single bulb for my room and not need the bridge to control it.
- Asked by Christen M from Lemoore
- Flag as inappropriate (Must you have the bridge to control just one bulb?)
2 Answers from the Community
You need at least one bridge. Bulbs can't communicate to your cpu without a bridge. A bridge can control a massive amount of bulbs. The bridge is the brain and you always need a brain that communicates with the mobile device
- Answered by Dan D from Mill Valley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, you must have a a hue bridge. It is the connection to wifi, all apps search for the bridge on your network, before you can use the bulbs. I have read somewhere that the bulbs can communicate to each other if any of them are to far from router & bridge.
- Answered by Kelvin P from Woodhaven
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How many bulbs can be paired with one bridge
- Asked by Glenn W from Plantation
- Flag as inappropriate (How many bulbs can be paired with one bridge)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Single…
can I use one Airport Extreme as a wireless bridge for another Airport Extreme?
- Asked by Cameron S from Flagstaff
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use one Airport Extreme as a wireless bridge for another Airport Extreme?)
- Asked about: Refurbished AirPort Extreme Base St…