What is the vVersion/Generation of this drive? Also does it have 'hardware encryption' like the Western Didgital equivalent 4TB drives (MyBooks)?
Is this a Gen 4 or Gen 3 (Generation, i.e. version)? I can't see it listed here but elsewhere on the internet it shows a Generation 4 version being available for this model.
Also does it have 'hardware encryption' like the Western Didgital equivalent 4TB drives (i.e. MyBooks and MyBook Studios)?
1 Answer from the Community
The drive has a USB 3.0 connection, so this is a later version than the Gen 4. The Gen 4 had a USB 2.0 connection.
Unfortunately the G-Technology G-DRIVE does not have 'hardware encryption', but they are great drives.
I hope this helps.
- Answered by Adrian C from Santa Ana
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Promise Pegasus2 4tb Drive 5900 / 7200
- Asked by Gareth T
- Flag as inappropriate (Promise Pegasus2 4tb Drive 5900 / 7200)
- Asked about: PROMISE Pegasus2 R Series 4TB SATA …
No answers yet
can I swap drives out when full or near full?
- Asked by Wes Z from Elkhorn
- Flag as inappropriate (can I swap drives out when full or near full?)
- Asked about: PROMISE Pegasus2 R4 8TB (4 x 2TB) T…