For USB 3.0 connection to a Macbook Air, will one single USB connection be able to provide enough power to power on and use this drive?
Sometimes these 7200 RPM external drives require to be connected to two USB ports to get enough power to mount onto the computer.
- Asked by Simon C from Thornhill
- Flag as inappropriate (For USB 3.0 connection to a Macbook Air, will one single USB connection be able to provide enough power to power on and use this drive?)
2 Answers from the Community
One USB port will be plenty to power the drive and migrate any data. I'm currently using this model and it has no problems getting everything it needs from either the included USB 3.0 cable or included FireWire 800 cable.
- Answered by Wess P from Charlotte
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes and No. It depends on which hard drive you select based on the RPM's. If you choose the hard drive with 5400 RPM you should be good to go, as it says it does have a usb bus.
- Answered by Carson D from Belleair
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?
- Asked by Robin C from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter