Will this mobile hard drive work with Windows 8?
- Asked by Ove Eirik S
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this mobile hard drive work with Windows 8?)
2 Answers from the Community
You have several possible ways to use this drive:
- to use exclusively with Windows, simply format the drive using the Setup Assistant when first connect to your Windows 8 laptop. Or you can use Disk Management within Computer Management Administrative Tools to partition and format this drive as an NTFS volume
- to use drive both with a Mac and Windows 8, you can use Setup Assistant to partition the drive into two secitions: one section for sharing between a mac and Windows, and the other to use exclusively with OS X
- if you want to use a Mac formatted drive on Windows, there is a third option, that rquires purchase of MacDrive from Mediafour. This is an application that you can install on Widows that will let you read/write to any Mac formatted drive.
- Answered by Mike M from Beaverton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Rob D from Fulton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can the super drive work on a windows 8 pc
- Asked by Mark M from Chesterfield
- Flag as inappropriate (can the super drive work on a windows 8 pc)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
I want to buy iMac can apple install window 8 for me
- Asked by George W from Dearborn
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to buy iMac can apple install window 8 for me)
- Asked about: Mac
Can you "clone" your mac onto this hard drive?
- Asked by Kim B
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you "clone" your mac onto this hard drive?)
- Asked about: G-Technology 500GB G-DRIVE Slim USB…