Could I connect two external monitors to the hub from my macbook pro and create a dual monitor set up?
- Asked by Jake H from Monson
- Flag as inappropriate (Could I connect two external monitors to the hub from my macbook pro and create a dual monitor set up?)
2 Answers from the Community
You could daisy-chain two Thunderbolt Displays off of the Lacie eSATA hub in series, but you could not connect two monitors directly to the hub as it only has two ports (the two Thunderbolt Ports) that support video, and one of those must be used to connect the eSATA hub to the computer leaving only one port available for monitors. As Thunderbolt Displays are currently the only type of display supported for daisy-chaining over Thunderbolt, a two-monitor setup can only be achieved when connecting one Thunderbolt display to another in series.
- Answered by Spencer P from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Nope. The hub has two Thunderbolt ports - one for in and one for out. To drive two monitors you would need three ports - one for in and two for out. I don't know that any Thunderbolt product exists that does this.
- Answered by Clinton F from Lalor
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can you use this to connect two external monitors at once?
- Asked by Robert T from Doylestown
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this to connect two external monitors at once?)
- Asked about: Elgato Thunderbolt Dock