What is an audio interface?
Garageband illiterate but trying desperately to learn! I'm looking to buy a mic to record songs I've written & want to sell...but I keep seeing that I'll need an audio interface to hook it up to my Mac. Help?
- Asked by Caroline M from Minneapolis
- Flag as inappropriate (What is an audio interface?)
1 Answer from the Community
Simply it's a upgraded sound card for your Mac.
External audio interfaces let you record audio - converting the analog sound to digital data providing the audio component for multimedia applications such as music composition, editing video or audio, presentation, education and entertainment.
Also providing connections for external monitors and inputs such as XLR for microphones and line in connection for instruments.
Simple song writing can be had with a USB mic and a midi keyboard.
- Answered by David P from Mississauga
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the GIO be used as my main audio interface? Or do I need a separate audio interface in addition to the GIO?
- Asked by Steve M from Park City
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the GIO be used as my main audio interface? Or do I need a separate audio interface in addition to the GIO?)
- Asked about: Apogee GiO Guitar Interface