In case of a power outage will the WeMo keep the last state it was in. I.E if it was on will it stay on after the power outage is over.
I want to use it to be a remote reset for my IT gear when I am away from home.
- Asked by Charlie B from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate (In case of a power outage will the WeMo keep the last state it was in. I.E if it was on will it stay on after the power outage is over.)
4 Answers from the Community
It will not keep the last state. WeMo will revert to OFF.
- Answered by Erol F from Sudbury
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes it does~ however it need a minute to reboot and reconnect to Internet
- Answered by Xiao Tong H from Coquitlam
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Very smart Charlie... I will look to do the same!!! I'm assuming it will maintain the last state, or at least as long as it can. If power goes out, unless you have a UPS feeding power to it, it's going to shut-off. Now if you meant regarding settings.... well that will be up to your system. Hope that answers your question.
- Answered by Lester R from Mississauga
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I know this is a while since the original post, but for people still wanting an answer to this question, I can confirm when I use the Wemo it remains in OFF state after a power outage. It does however still connect to Wifi, therefore you are able to switch on remotely.
My circumstance: I setup a rule to switch on an item at 9:30pm every night, there are no Off rules, just an on rule. When I go to bed I switch the Wemo off at the power supply (please don't ask why, I can't be bothered to explain), then in the morning I switch the power supply back on. The Wemo does not switch the item on, it remains in an Off state until that evening when it switches on at 9:30pm automatically again using the daily On rule.
Hope that clears this up.
- Answered by Paul T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I would like to know what the power draw is for an iMac 27", upgraded with 32GB ram, 3TB Fussion drive, and 2GB Video card. Looking for UPS options.
- Asked by Trevor W from St. Johns
- Flag as inappropriate (I would like to know what the power draw is for an iMac 27", upgraded with 32GB ram, 3TB Fussion drive, and 2GB Video card. Looking for UPS options.)
- Asked about: Mac