how well does this case protect incase i drop the phone?
- Asked by Elizabeth C from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (how well does this case protect incase i drop the phone?)
6 Answers from the Community
I have been using the Mophie Juice Plus on my iPhone 4s, and have dropped it several times on carpeted floors, tile floor, and asphalt, and the Mophie Juice has protected the phone quite well, even when dropped screen down.
- Answered by Richard K from Vernal
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I always joke that I can't have nice things, but when it comes to phones, it is unfortunately true. My iPhone 4 is the first "nice" phone I've had, and my juice pack case/battery has probably saved it from certain death several times already in the month I've had it. The case itself (white, of course) is looking a little worse for the wear, but judging from the cracks in the corners (which have Not affected ifs performance) my iPhone would have been kaput by now. So I think it's safe to say that yes, the Mophie will indeed protect your phone from being dropped, etc. :)
- Answered by Stephanie B from North Royalton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I've had this for a few weeks. I dropped it a few times. Seemed to be ok. Today I dropped it and it fell screen side down. Screen completely shattered. So no it really doesn't do a good job protecting the screen. I've had another case that took over 100 falls, not even a scratch on my screen. There is barely any protection on the front side. The case barely stands above the screen.
If you want a case that will protect your iPhone this is NOT it. Another problem is the case is really slippery! So you might even drop this more often than other cases.
It will give you extra juice.
- Answered by Adam S from Marlborough
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Well, I just got mine the day before yesterday, and unfortunately dropped it in the parking lot. The case came apart, the corner of the phone hit the asphalt and dinged it slightly and also dinged up the peel&stick display cover. (that I already had on the phone) The bottom half of the Mophie got dinged up too. It wouldn't have been so bad except for the Mophie coming apart and having the actual phone dinged up. Also, I dropped it again (yeah I know, I'm a klutz) but this time in the house so no damage, but the Mophie came apart again! So I'm not sure how it's going to hold up without some duct tape or something ... :(
- Answered by Christine S from Williamsburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
The case will break. Absolutely no doubt about it. How extensive the damage is will depend on the fall, but it is pretty certain that you will at least have a crack (as happened with mine and a friend's the first time it was dropped).
- Answered by Charles D from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
I'm an expert on this topic. I have a Mophie Juice Pack, and klutz that I am, I've dropped it three times.
The Mophie case doesn't survive falls very well, although it has protected the phone.
Basically, when you drop it, it comes apart -- pieces and broken bits flying. The energy in breaking apart probably helped protect the phone a little.
But the case itself cracked on the first fall. Some pieces broke off on the second, and today -- after I dropped it again -- it's in pretty bad shape. It IS still working, although it's literally only held together with rubber bands now.
So I would buy the Mophie Juice Pack as a way of extending your battery life. It does that well. But don't buy thinking of it as protection for your phone or thinking it will survive being dropped.
- Answered by Max R from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Will this case protect the phone from drops
- Asked by Patrick M from Loris
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this case protect the phone from drops)
- Asked about: mophie Juice Pack Helium Battery Ca…
Does this wallet protect your iphone 4S as well as the plastic cases you purchase does?
- Asked by Mary I from Prince George
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this wallet protect your iphone 4S as well as the plastic cases you purchase does?)
- Asked about: Michael Kors Wallet Clutch Case for…