How well does this work worth rhino, vray, and maya and in bootcamp?
I have the ATI Radeon HD 5870 and was wondering how much of an upgrade this is in these softwares as well as the possibility and configuration of having both the 5870 and the Quadro 4000.
- Asked by Matthew M from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (How well does this work worth rhino, vray, and maya and in bootcamp?)
1 Answer from the Community
Keep the 5870 or double it up. the nVidia is a disaster, i have had nothing but issues with it, it is NOT OpenCL compliant so there is no advantage in FCP or Motion, half the CUDA based applications require you to install the CUDA api for it to work right. I am selling my quadro now and putting a second 5870 in.
BTW you can't run the 5870 and quadro without a splitter for power, and i have heard (but haven't seen) that there are issues running these 2 together
- Answered by Michele H from Port St Lucie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How well does it operate in Bootcamp?
- Asked by Joe S from Arrington
- Flag as inappropriate (How well does it operate in Bootcamp?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with numeric keypad …
No answers yet
Does it work with maya which requires a 3 button mouse?
- Asked by Jessica D from Camarillo
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with maya which requires a 3 button mouse?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
Does it work well with hearing aids?
- Asked by Ed M from Washingto Twp
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work well with hearing aids?)
- Asked about: AltiGen iFusion SmartStation Dock f…
No answers yet