Which Mac laptop should i purchase?
I have just made it into the IB program and my parents are rewarding me with any MacBook I want. I really don't want to spend a lot of their money so I think anything over $1500 before taxes is a bit too extreme. I originally thought of the 13inch MacBook Air but I felt it was "too light" and that the 4gb ram and 128gb ssd was too little. I thought of configuring double the RAM and SSD but then the 13 inch MacBook Pro with Retina came into the play. I would love a high res display and with a student discount is about a 200 dollars difference and the pro is just a slight thicker with much more power. Then I looked at the refurbished section and saw the 15inch non retina 2012 Pro for $50 more than the 13 Retina and it comes with a dedicated graphics card and user configurbility in exchange for a larger chasis and less RAM and a HDD instead. But I think I can upgrade the RAM and add a SSD in the future and make myself a custom portable powerhouse. So which Mac is perfect for me? I love gaming and plan to install windows on any macbook I get but I have a dedicated gaming desktop at home already. I am thinking of the 15inch is it a good idea? Please give me any advice you have thanks!
- Asked by Andy L from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (Which Mac laptop should i purchase?)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Which laptop for business use?
- Asked by Sarah B from Elkhorn
- Flag as inappropriate (Which laptop for business use?)
What's the best laptop for teachers?
- Asked by Jason H from North Bergen
- Flag as inappropriate (What's the best laptop for teachers?)
What laptop mac has maximum OpenCL performance on gpu cores?
- Asked by Jonathan L from Watertown
- Flag as inappropriate (What laptop mac has maximum OpenCL performance on gpu cores?)