When did Apple discontinue internal super drives on Macs??
Had my son's friend ask me about this since I've been a long time Mac owner but haven't bought a newer Mac for several years. So I started checking this out and it looks like all Macs now do not have internal Super Drives that they are now only available externally..correct??
- Asked by Farrel H from Fort Wayne
- Flag as inappropriate (When did Apple discontinue internal super drives on Macs??)
1 Answer from the Community
The current 13 inch non-retina macbook pro still does have the internal super drive. but the macbook airs, macbook pros with retina, and 2012+ imacs no longer have internal super drives. partially to make the devices smaller. but also because alot of people no longer use them anyways. although some of us still do. you can still get the referbished macs with them though
- Answered by Jake W from Chattanooga
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the Apple USB Super Drive be used as a boot device for a Mac Book Pro 13" retina mid-2014?
- Asked by Ricardo M from Lakewood
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Apple USB Super Drive be used as a boot device for a Mac Book Pro 13" retina mid-2014?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive