What is the range of the AirPort Extreme?
We are a publicly owned house museum, with two buildings. We must extend our wifi and web access to our main building, about 150 feet away, in order to monitor the controls for its climate control system. (We prefer not to run a cable, because of our site's historic nature.)
- Asked by Thomas T from Saint Clairsville
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the range of the AirPort Extreme?)
1 Answer from the Community
It depends on various factors. If there are many walls it counts as obstacles and it weakens the signal.
The 2,4 MHz band is a longer wave than 5 MHz so it can go further but slower. I would say 200 feet without any obstacles but the signal will be weak. This is speculation from my part.
- Answered by Michel H from Laval
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
is it better to use airport extreme as an range extender or airport express
- Asked by Chan Hee N from Jakarta
- Flag as inappropriate (is it better to use airport extreme as an range extender or airport express)
What is the reception range of the airport express
- Asked by John C. W from Selkirk
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the reception range of the airport express)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme