MacBook Air vs MacBook Pro with retina display
I am going into high school next year, and I know I'll need a new laptop, but I'm debating between the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro with Retina display 13in. I would upgrade the processor on both models, and the RAM on the air. I don't know how much faster the MacBook Pro with retina would be though. I program in X-code (cocoa), would run Boot Camp, Use FCPX, and Logic Pro 9 as well as other basic programs for school. I know I can't afford the 15in MacBooks which are much faster, so I don't know if there would be much difference between the two. Thanks in advanced!
- Asked by Connor B from Golden
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Air vs MacBook Pro with retina display)
2 Answers from the Community
Well the RAM is not user exchangeable you would have to make the decision at the time of purchase, overall the 13" Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display would have better performance and speed , I doubt the Macbook Air would compare at all when running heavier programs that you mentioned would be used, The Macbook Air is good if all you do is simple task such as surfing the web and writing papers Ect.. but in this case the Macbook Pro would be the greater choice.
- Answered by Jacob W from Pulaski
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It is hardly thicker and way more powerful.
- Answered by Alex R from Slinger
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Macbook Pro with Retina Display VS The Macbook Air
- Asked by Karen C from Virginia Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Pro with Retina Display VS The Macbook Air)