MacBook Air 13" Vs. Macbook Pro Retina 13" ?
- Asked by Kieran L from Brisbane
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Air 13" Vs. Macbook Pro Retina 13" ?)
1 Answer from the Community
The rMBP has an empty space in the middle because it was designed to hold a large Fusion Drive, but then Apple backed out and only offered an SSD. (Discovered by iFixit.com)
+ Lighter (by 1/2 pound)
+ Battery life is better (7.5 hours vs. 6.5 hours. Measured by AnandTech.com)
= Performance is same (within 10%, which you won't notice. Measured by AnandTech.com)
- Screen is worse
+ $400 saving (assuming both have 8 Gb memory)
Apple charges $100 extra for the Retina display in the iPad (iPad 2 vs. iPad 3/4). Is the upgrade to Retina in a Macbook worth $400 and worse portability?
- Answered by Justin D from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Macbook Pro 13" or Air 13"?
- Asked by Nicole D from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Pro 13" or Air 13"?)
Macbook pro 13 or Macbook air
- Asked by Robert B from Potomac
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook pro 13 or Macbook air)