Mac book pro or Mac book air?
I'm looking at getting a new laptop and wanting to get an apple! I have been tossing up between the Mac book air or pro (ex retina) taking in to consideration weight of the computer. All I will be using it for is - movies, tv shows, music, photos and the use of Microsoft office, also will i be able to plug in my 1tb external hard which I have my photos and movies etc......
What will you suggest!
- Asked by Connie C from Kenwick
- Flag as inappropriate (Mac book pro or Mac book air?)
4 Answers from the Community
If you're looking for more ports, get the macbook pro 13 inch, if you want more portability and lightness, then get a Air. The macbook pro is slightly faster, yet the air has longer battery life. these are just some things to take into consideration.
- Answered by Alex W from Knoxville Tn.
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Mac Book pro because you can insert cd's dvd's and do more than a mac book air on a mac book pro.
- Answered by Liezy H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have the 13 inch macbook retina and I absolutely love everything about it. I have had the non retina MacBook Pro and while it was a great machine the macbook retina beats it hands down. The ssd on the retina pro is so much faster and the retina display is amazing. I originally purchased the 15 inch but it was just to bulky and uncomfortable even on my lap. There is just a pound difference so it wasn't the weight but the size. You will not miss the two inches. How much storage do you need? I have 256GB ssd but I also like you have an external hard drive. The non retina pro has an optical drive but that wasn't an issue for me. Lets face it, optical drives are on their way out. I have an apple super drive and have used it one time. If it was me you won't go wrong with either one but the way I look at it your already going to spend money so why not just get the best and in my opinion and experience the MacBook Pro is better than the air as far as the build and size you will love the MacBook Pro. Go with the retina if you can. You won't regret it.
- Answered by Rhonda S from Little Rock
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
My two bits .... I had an Air, but returned i to Apple in favor of the Retina display endowed Pro. The Air was bulkier owing to its larger footprint (imagined crowding with airplane seating) and exhibited more heft attributed to its awkward size and leverage. For viewing images, both models afford great displays but the Retina wins that round.
- Answered by Karel N from Escondido
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
what is the different between mac book pro and mac book Air and which of them have CD player and what are the prices?
- Asked by Salolme M from Lagos
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the different between mac book pro and mac book Air and which of them have CD player and what are the prices?)
which mac book pro or mac book air is better for online high school
- Asked by William S from Selden
- Flag as inappropriate (which mac book pro or mac book air is better for online high school)