How long does it take to charge the battery on a new MacBook pro?
Brand new Mcbook pro, is there any indicator for me to see if the battery is fully charged? I noticed that when I first plugged it into an AC outlet, there were green lights on the side of the computer, but they disappeared, what does it mean?
- Asked by Linda L from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (How long does it take to charge the battery on a new MacBook pro?)
2 Answers from the Community
Hello Linda, that just means that the battery has started to charge and it's nothing to be worried about.
- Answered by Anthony W from London
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
On my Macbook Pro (I have a 15.4 Macbook Pro 8,2 - Late 2011, 16G RAM, 750GB) and my battery charges in about 1 - 2 hours and i can usually get about 3.5 - 4 hours before my battery dies. I know it may not seem like a lot but its all due to my settings (really bright without graphic reduce for AutoCADD to look the way I like plus the multitude of apps running i need).
As far as the green lights on the left side.. They tell you how charged your battery is and how much time you have until it needs to be charged. This is measured in the number of green dots. 1 green dot = Near 0% and if 8 dots = near 100% battery... basically.
Many people do not show the battery percentage on their desktop and this is a way for you to "check up" on your battery. If you press the flush grey circle (button) on the left side you will see these green dots. I do not know if these are on all macbook pros.
Hope this helps! Enjoy!
- Answered by Christopher L from Dallas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Which is better for me? 11" MacBook Air? Or 13" MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Jessi P from Brooksville
- Flag as inappropriate (Which is better for me? 11" MacBook Air? Or 13" MacBook Pro?)
Macbook Pro, Graphics students?
- Asked by Ellen T
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Pro, Graphics students?)
No answers yet